In light of the numerous and recent changes to legislation, namely Act 153 of 2014, in relation to volunteers obtaining and renewing clearances, we have developed the following protocols.
Please click on the following link for a full explanation on Volunteer Clearances from the district website.
To volunteer at NES for a field trip or any activity that will require your attendance in school more than one time per year, please be sure to have your clearances in. That means, to help at ONE party, or read ONE time to the class you do not need clearances. It is a ONE time “free pass” to volunteer total, NOT one per child or one per classroom. The office is keeping track and will turn you away if you come in a second time to do anything. Our advice is to get your clearances, so you are free to volunteer as often as you’d like.
Here is a quick list to all the necessary clearances, as stated on the district website. Again, please read their explanation and directions as directed in the link above.
1. A report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP).
2. Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
3. CR Volunteer Affidavit– if the volunteer has lived in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the last ten years.
4. If an individual has lived outside of the Commonwealth of PA in the last ten years, he/she must obtain a Federal Criminal History. When registering, you must use the following code: 1KG6XN - Pennsylvania PDE-School Districts
3. Timeline: All new volunteers must obtain clearances. All clearances must be within one year old at the time of joining our district's volunteer team. Thereafter, all clearances must be renewed every 60 months.
1. The Human Resources Office will maintain a database of volunteers and clearance data. Volunteers are to obtain their clearances and then submit those clearances to Ms. Monica McLaughlin in the Human Resources Office.
2. Clearances can be submitted by:
a. Hand delivering original clearances to Ms. McLaughlin between the hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
b. Sending original clearances via US mail to Ms. McLaughlin at Chancellor Center, 30 North Chancellor Street, Newtown, PA 18940.
3. When all clearances are completed the volunteer will be permitted to begin providing volunteer services in the district. Volunteers will be provided a volunteer badge (at each visit) to wear while providing services. CRSD yellow volunteer badges will no longer be issued and are no longer valid.
4. New Volunteers may not begin providing service to schools and students until the clearances are satisfactorily completed.
For more information contact the Human Resources Office at 215-944-1000.